Arborfield Secondary School, Wokingham
This project involved the design, installation, testing and commissioning of building services for a new, BREEAM Good rated, 1200-pupil secondary school for Wokingham Borough Council.
Legsun carried out the following:
- Ventilation to classrooms, dining hall and main hall; these areas are to have a mixed mode ventilation strategy consisting of natural ventilation with a mechanical ventilation system providing heated air.
- Central air handling unit (AHU) to serve Learning Resource Centre, Sixth Form area and Reception
- Dedicated AHU for kitchen area, designed in association with a hood extractor system
- Specialist extract ventilation via local exhaust ventilation systems for the areas which require it e.g. science labs
- Heating system consisting of a primary heat source, secondary distribution of low temperature hot water and heat emitters
- Hot and cold water systems (potable and non-potable)
- Gas distribution system to boilers, kitchen, science labs, food technology rooms and sports hall.
- Property protection sprinkler system throughout building
- Above ground drainage
- Low Voltage main distribution installation from the site boundary including new switchgear, sub-main cables and final distribution boards throughout the new building.
- General small power and structured cabling installation
- General and emergency lighting
- External lighting
- Fire detection and alarm system.
Intruder alarms and CCTV system
- Access control systems
- Lightning protection
- Services for Disabled Building Users
- Earthing and bonding installations
- Building Management System
- Testing and commissioning